RSS

End of Year Show


 

18th Feb – meeting notes

  • venue has been changes to “The Egg” Suit & Gallery in Media City UK
  • it’s very light and spacious, with interactive tables (we can download our photos to them) and a big screen at the back of the room, which we can also use for displaying photos.
  • this venue is also free of charge
  • exhibition can be mounted on the rentable, wooden stands – cost £600 for 5; 1 per 4 students
  • exhibition will take place on 8-9th June, from 9 am to 10 pm
  • option of bar service – cost £70

 

 

  • we need to come up with a new name for the event
  • myself and Karen form 3rd year need to start collecting money – £20 from each student
  • build email address data base – people we want to invite to the event
  • next meeting – Thursday, 5th March

£20:

Sara
Patrycja
John
Kate
Vicky
Sophie
Andy
Kieran
Dan
Lauren
Rachel
Wez
Aaron
Sean


5th March – meeting notes

  • New name – Crack’d
  • Layout/ stands:
    • Company from Milton Keynes;wooden, white stands £42 per student; delivery and installation included in price
    • it’s possible to get funds from college to cover part of the cost of hiring stands
    • look for alternatives closer to Manchester
  • Next meeting – 18th March
  • Newspaper brochures:
    • 200 x 8 page = £1.16
    • 200 x 4 page = £0.82
  • create a list of email addresses of people who we want to invite;
    • everyone need to familiarize themselves with Mail Chimp
    • general email login for the exhibition is to be created and used by everyone for promotion purposes
  • Roll out stands – £40.00 – could be put by the entrance, with logos of sponsors.
  • Make a list of companies/ organizations who we  can try to get some funds from

18th March – meeting notes

  • We continue searching for cheaper stands
  • Logo and brochure design:
    • contact graphic design students and ask them to help with leaflet design
  • Collect £20 contributions from remaining students
  • send a list of email addresses of people from the industry to Vicky

2nd April – meeting notes

After the last meeting, 2nd year group decided that prices of stands are far too high and we should reconsider the venue. We proposed the AWOL, which is a well known art venue. The cost of the venue is £200 per day + VAT, however there would be no additional cost, such as stands hire. They are also more flexible with dates, which allows us to hold the exhibition for a week or over the weekend.

Estimate cost of the venue:

£200 + VAT per day x 4 days ( we don’t think 2 days will be enough to get the most out of this event)
20 students = £48.00 each

Venue has been provisionally booked from 8th to 14th June.

3rd years weren’t happy with the venue change, therefore we are considering doing two separate exhibitions.

22rd April

3rd years decided to stay at The Egg and do their own exhibition.

  • New name has been picked for the FdA exhibition – Us
  • Deposit for AWOL of£100 has been paid and we picked dates – 11th – 14th June
  • Sophie to set up crowdfunding

Facebook profile:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009424424661&fref=ts

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Us_Exhibition

Instagram:

https://instagram.com/usfdexhibition/


Together with my fellow student, Sophie, I have created a PayPal account which is going to be used for the Crowdfunding and any other donations we will get. We can use it to cover costs of organizing the event by paying via transfer or if we need a cash, it can be transferred to my personal PayPal account and then to my bank account, from which cash can be withdrawn.
I was considering linking my personal bank account to exhibition PayPal, however a few people may have an access to it, therefore I decided against it.


23rd May

We’re going to have a group meeting on Wednesday 27th May, to discuss all the current issues, such as paying remaining £620 for the venue, printing promotional materials, crowdfunding updates and purchasing alcohol for the opening night.

Here are the screen shots of ongoing conversations regarding some of the financial issues:

Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 00.05.17 List of things to be discussed on Wednesday’s meeting

 

 

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 00.06.07 Issues regarding getting PayPal details and getting funds.

 

 

Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 00.06.27Crowdfunding – running dates and target

 

Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 00.06.45  Predicted cost of the venue and prints; base for planning the budget.


 

I created a budget proposal to give everyone a rough idea of the costs and things we have to cover. It’s a live document, which I have shared with all the exhibiting students from my group. They have an unlimited access to it and can amend it if needed.

Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 00.19.53


Meeting notes – 27th May

  • Remainig cost for the venue to be paid by 4th June; all students need to pay £52 each either via exhibition PayPal or to my personal account by Wednesday 3rd June
  • Jon is going to update our promotional leaflet with FMP photographs and logos form the sponsors if required
  • Dates and times:
    • Thursday 11th June (opening night) – 18:00 – 22:00
    • Friday 12th June – 16:00 – 20:00
    • Saturday 13th June – 10:00 – 16:00
  • Work has to be taken down immediately after; everyone is responsible for their own work
  • Aaron is going to print of the A4 posters with the logo and general information about the event, within the college; everyone responsible for the general distribution
  • Jon to send finished leaflet to myself; I will send it off to Marc The Printers and Sophie will pick it up when ready
  • Self-promotion is down to the individuals, so postcards, prints etc will be distributed on the tables provided by the venue
  • Crowdfunding finishes on 7th June; everyone responsible for pushing it
  • Dan, Kieran and Sophie will meet on Wednesday 10th June at 2 pm to discuss curation; everyone needs to send an A4 contact sheet with the work we are going to exhibit, frames sizes and any other information we find appropriate and necessary
  • Next meeting – Wednesday 10th June at 10:00 to discuss the last remaining issues and prepare the promotional materials
  • Refreshments to be discussed after crowdfunding finishes.

£52 received from:

Vicky
Aaron
Dan
Sean
Andy
Sara
Pat
Kate
Jon
Rachel
Kieran
Sophie

 

 

Advertisements
 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: