First film I shoot was dramatically overexposed, to the point that hardly anything was visible on it. It was the first time I have ever shot on film in the studio and completely forgot to use the flash meter. Transparency film is a very difficult and demanding medium. I was advised by AJ to use bracketing to make sure my exposure is correct. Second time, I’ve used a flash meter and bracketing. I got 34 out of 36 shots, with various exposures:
All photos of a condom didn’t quite work. I’ve used a round container, what made it much different from the rest of the objects. The measurement from the container are also visible on he object, therefore I can’t use it.
I quite like the shapeless form of it, but it’s hard to see clearly the bottle cap in it. The object doesn’t fill the frame, which also make it to different from the others.
This object was shot from the completely wrong angle, marks from the mold are visible and it’s clear that this is an artificial encapsulation.
There are two possible combinations of photos. They are all different, but few of them were molded in the same way and the same mold, therefore are similar. They would compose a nice series, however I feel like it will be to ‘artificial’ in the way. The whole idea behind the project is about potential amber fossils, which are never exactly the same. That’s why I think the best way to compose the series will be to pick a selection of differently shaped, mismatched but still linked objects. I have originally picked 8 photographs:
They have all been trimmed slightly to fit the frame, however cigarette wrapper appear to be a completely different size. Penny, cigarette butt, can puller, screw and a zip puller are all from the same mould, which make them look simalar, they are two different, however, to create the series. I also really like Durex and sugar wrapper, which are probably two best shots. Cigarette butt is also really good. After careful consideration, I picked 7 shots:
4 of which I’m going to exhibit:
h I’m going to exhibit: